If you are struggling, you don't have to go it alone.
I am an experienced psychodynamic counsellor and psychotherapist with specialized training from Tavistock Relationships, which is a 'world-leading centre for counselling, psychotherapy, training and research,' where I also worked for many years as a Visiting Clinician providing therapeutic services to individuals and couples who were experiencing difficulties in their relationships.
You will find our work together to be a joint venture in sorting out the challenges in your relationships. I am engaged, interactive and give feedback. I see psychotherapy as a collaborative process between us. I focus intentionally on developing a warm and respectful working relationship with my clients in which you feel heard and your point of view validated; counselling and psychotherapy outcome research consistently points to the quality of the relationship between a psychotherapist and client as the most important factor facilitating change.
I believe that people are motivated toward growth but get stuck trying on their own to shift a particular way of being in their relationships. This can be facilitated by having a safe space in our sessions to express points of view, thoughts and feelings that otherwise might be too difficult to go into for the couple at home, or alone as an individual. I am confident that everyone has strengths to draw from, even when they find themselves in the midst of relationship distress. My work is compassionate and focused on listening and understanding the unique circumstances that bring people to see me.
I was also a member of a specialist Tavistock Relationships Mentalization Based Couple Therapy team, which works with at-risk couples that could not be taken into the regular service due to high conflict, violence and entrenched difficulties. I have experience liaising with GPs and Psychiatrists regarding my clients’ mental health needs (both private and NHS), with Social Services in cases of child neglect or abuse, and both Adult Mental Health Service and Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service teams. I have a private referral network in place to coordinate adult and child/adolescent mental health needs if they arise.
- The Tavistock Institute of Medical Psychology and Tavistock Relationships (formerly The Tavistock Centre for Couple Relationships) - Post-Graduate Diploma in Psychodynamic Couple and Individual Psychotherapy and Counselling and Post-Graduate Certificate in Psychodynamic Couple and Individual Psychotherapy and Counselling
- Tavistock and Portman NHS Trust - The Development of Psychoanalytic Theory and Introduction to Psychotherapy and Counselling.
- Hammersmith and Fulham MIND – Befriending Program volunteer for the borough’s leading charity providing mental health services, working with an individual contending with a long history of both physical and mental health issues, including borderline personality disorders (2011-2013).
- Volunteer of the Year 2013 - awarded by the Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham for my work with MIND.
- Member British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP) and abide by BACPs ethical standards.
- Graduate Member of The Tavistock Institute of Medical Psychology (formerly British Society of Couple Psychotherapists and Counsellors) and Tavistock and Portman NHS Trust Alumni.